Strategic Plan, Mission & Valuse
The Iowa Chapter of the American College of Cardiology was incorporated on January 13, 1992.
Mission: To contribute to the prevention of cardiovascular diseases and to ensure optimal quality of care for individuals with such diseases. In carrying out this mission the Chapter shall function, in consultation with the leadership of the College, as a source of advice to local and state governmental and professional organizations concerning issues related to cardiovascular disease. The Chapter shall, in the interests of patients, physicians and the public in general, maintain a high level of social consciousness and involvement with socioeconomic factors and access to the highest possible quality of cardiovascular health care.
- Professionalism: The interests of patients are primary.
- Knowledge: The College must promote growth, dissemination and application of knowledge about cardiovascular medicine.
- Value of the cardiovascular specialist: The cardiovascular profession makes a distinct contribution to medical care that should be recognized and
- Integrity: Honesty, compliance with legal requirements, and ethical behavior are essential in all activities.
- Member driven: The College and its major activities must be led by active members and must promote volunteerism.
- Inclusiveness: The College involves a broad range of volunteers that reflects the composition of its membership.